Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Classroom Book Award Winners for 2014!

A couple years ago, I began the tradition of hosting Classroom Book Awards and students loved it! Click here to read my post about the process.  Click here to see the list of winners from last year.  

Last week was the end of the school year for us, but I just remembered I didn't post our winners for this year! Just as in the past, my students first decided on award categories and created a list of books they nominated for each category.  Once we had our list of nominations, the voting began! We repeated the process of voting and tallying until we had a clear winner for each category.  Below are the winners for our awards: 

Classroom Book Award Winners  2014

Best Book of the Year - Prisoner B-3087 by Alan Gratz


Best Social Issues Book - Wonder by RJ Palacio


Best Series - 43 Old Cemetery Road by Kate Klise


Juiciest Book of the Year - One for the Murphys by Lynda Mullaly Hunt


Best Graphic Novel Series  - Smile and Sisters by Raina Telgemeier

Read Aloud of the Year - One for the Murphys by Lynda Mullaly Hunt


Most Inspiring Book - Out of my Mind by Sharon Draper

Best Picture Book - Scaredy Squirrel by Melanie Watt


Best Historical Fiction Book - Duke by Kirby Larson


Best Nonfiction Book - Nubs by Brian Dennis, Mary Nethery, and Kirby Larson


Most Emotional Read Aloud - The Boy in the Striped Pajamas by John Boyne


Funniest Book - I Funny/I Even Funnier by James Patterson

Happy Reading! :)











5 comments:

  1. I've read them all but Nubs & Duke. What a terrific list & reading your students did. Thanks, Melanie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! Thanks for sharing --we are going to check out Nubs!
    Clare and Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing! I am planning to do something new with book awards in my classes this coming year. This is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for suggesting new titles. I like your idea of the class book award.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there Melanie, great class book awards you have going on here! My 12 year old daughter absolutely adores the James Patterson series. And I personally like the Klise sisters' series. Our household has fallen in love with Raina Telgemeier. I particularly love her Drama. :)

    ReplyDelete