Saturday, August 11, 2012

Teachers College Summer Writing Institute

Tomorrow I am heading to NYC to attend the Summer Writing Institute at Teachers College Reading and Writing Project (TCRWP) from Monday through Friday.  I have attended both reading and writing summer institutes at TC in the past and it is always a week full of energy, passion, sharing, and new learning.  Next week, I will be attending these sessions:

  • Very Practical Help Supporting Struggling and Resistant Writers in Information and Essay Writing (grades 3-8) ~ Chris Lehman
  • Revision Comes Not from Applying the Teacher's Newest Strategy, but from Rereading, Internalized Rubrics, and a Growing Knowledge of What Works (grades 3-8) ~ Audra Robb 
In addition to my morning and afternoon sessions, there will be a variety of closing workshops available daily and keynote speakers so it will be a week full of learning!  

All of my posts next week will focus on my new learning from the Writing Institute at TCRWP so stay tuned! :)


1 comment:

  1. HI, I am planning to attend the writing institute in the summer, is this institute set up like a conference where you hear keynote speakers?

    ReplyDelete