Monday, September 10, 2012

It's Monday! What are You Reading?

Thank you Jen and Kellee for hosting this weekly!  To see what others are reading and recommending, or to participate, be sure to check out their blog Teach Mentor Texts :)

This week, the majority of my reading has been curriculum and units of study so instead of posting what I have read this week, I am going to post some books I've been recommending to my 5th graders.  These books have been rotating among my students and have not been on my classroom library shelves since school started two weeks ago! :)


They love all the Lunch Lady books! The kids can't wait for tomorrow when book #8 comes out!! 


They have all fallen in love with Ivan! 


They love how funny the narrator is! 

They were so excited to hear that the sequel comes out October 9th! 


There are many more books the kids have been reading and loving!  They are so excited that we have LOTS of books to choose from in our classroom library and are adding to their TBR stacks each day - I love it!  

Happy Reading! :)



10 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. Some of these books are my favorites. I now will add two books to my "to be read" list: Templeton Twins and Because of Mr. Terupt. I'll also be looking for the new Lunch Lady on my trip to the bookstore this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great reading week! Love all of them and can't wait for the new Lunch Lady tomorrow!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there Melanie. My own daughter is in 5th grade, and they are currently finishing Holes by Louis Sachar. We have also been reading The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman as part of a book club that I have initiated for young readers, and she is loving that one also. In between, I try to read a few chapters from The Phantom Tollbooth. I will definitely add these books to our present list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should get Capture the Flag for your kids -- my son loved it even more than he loved Eye of the Storm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have Capture the Flag and they are loving that book as well!

      Delete
  5. Such a wonderful reading list...Wonder is my favorite, although Ivan is right up there as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh...excellent choices! Because of Mr. Terupt and Wonder were two of my favorite summer reads. I only have a few Lunch Lady books in my library and know I need to get the rest as soon as possible. They are never on our shelves overnight! I'm going to look for your other suggestions as well--they look like adventurous reads!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like my recommendation list! I did Wonder as my "book of the week" this week... and Eye of the Storm was my first checkout. (I'm a resource teacher and just starting to have kids in my room)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some great books to start off the year! The best thing is for a book to never make its way back to the shelf, right???

    ReplyDelete