Monday, September 17, 2012

It's Monday! What are You Reading?

Thank you Jen and Kellee for hosting this weekly!  To see what others are reading and recommending, or to participate, be sure to check out their blog Teach Mentor Texts :)

Two books I enjoyed reading this weekend are: 

I loved reading Gilbert Goldfish Wants a Pet by Kelly DiPucchio!  It is a perfect companion text to read along with Not Norman: A Goldfish Story by Kelly Bennett, which I also love and read during our character unit to model and discuss character change in texts.  I also envision many ways I can use it as a mentor text in writing workshop.  I look forward to reading this text aloud to my students soon! 
Click this link to watch the Gilbert Goldfish Wants a Pet Book Trailer on YouTube.  





I have read and enjoyed the Lemonade War series by Jacqueline Davies so I was excited to read the third book in the series, The Bell Bandit, this weekend.  I usually tend to like the first book in a series better than all the rest, but not in this case.  I actually like this book better than the first two.  I know students will love reading it and trying to solve the mystery of the missing bell right along with the characters.  This book is more of a mystery adventure and leaves the reader in a bit of suspense till the end.  Enjoy!  






Happy Reading! :)

2 comments:

  1. I always like to hear about good books for the middle readers, Melanie. Thanks for these two reviews.

    ReplyDelete