Monday, August 19, 2013

It's Monday! What are You Reading? Escape from Mr. Lemoncello's Library

Jen Vincent and Kellee Moye cohost It's Monday! What Are You Reading weekly on their blogs.   To see what others are reading and recommending each Monday, or to participate, be sure to check out their blogs Teach Mentor Texts and Unleashing Readers


After reading raving reviews about Escape From Mr. Lemoncello's Library by Chris Grabenstein, I had to get my hands on the book and read it! I was completely engaged from the first chapter and couldn't put the book down because I couldn't wait to see how the children escaped from the library! If you love Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory and anything to do that revolves around books/libraries, then you will love this book! This book reminded me so much of the Willy Wonka movie, which is one of my all time favorite movies from my childhood.  I can't wait to book talk it to my new students next week.  This book will engage all readers who enjoy adventure, suspense, mystery, and excitement.  I know this will become a favorite in classrooms and   will be in the hands of many reluctant readers too.  So if you have been reading all of the glowing reviews on Goodreads, Twitter, and blogs and have been putting off reading it, definitely move it to the top of your stack to read next and enjoy it! 

Enjoy reading this week! :)

2 comments:

  1. I have it-so, so many books are on my list! Thanks for making me even more excited about it, Melanie!

    ReplyDelete