Here are some of the things that I have been working on professionally that you can expect posts on. (If I blog these out loud, I feel more committed to writing them!)
- our summer writing academy--I had written about some of the plans, but I have not written since we completed it!
- our new teachers and how we are supporting them. I love to read about how other districts and leaders are supporting new teachers, especially with the Common Core freight train bearing down on us...
- Speaking of which--I have been studying the language standards within the CCSS and I am worrying. I think I'll be writing this post next!
- fun and engaging activities and websites for recognizing Constitution Day, which is on September 17th.
- the work that we are doing to integrate social studies and writing in a meaningful way that keeps students writing.
- how we continue to present the new standards and expectations to parents.
And some of the personal issues that relate to my professional thinking:
- the great college application process and how standardized testing still influences life decisions.
- along similar lines, how truly disadvantaged lower socio-economic students are when it comes to the college application process.
- how to maintain balance for over-scheduled high school students.
Phew--I've written a post. Admittedly, not a long one and not a profound one, but a preview of posts to come. I'll write again tomorrow.