I'm sitting here at my friend's lake house listening to my husband, Jen, and Bill make breakfast downstairs. I've been debating what to write. I find that the more I have to write, the harder it is to get started. In the last week, I have:
- adjusted to three of my four daughters being away at college... (it's VERY quiet at home!!)
- moved my office at school... (so much to throw away!)
- participated in a google hangout with fellow MFA (in creative writing) students... (a complete honor to be asked to join these people!)
- run a young writers' group at the local library... (these six students are unbelievable!)
- received my mentor's feedback letter and comments on 75 pages of my novel in progress... (so much to digest!)
- and a whole lot of other things...
Maybe the best focus is right here and right now, where Jen is interrupting my writing life with breakfast served on a tray--how lucky am I?!?! I'm taking this tray and heading downstairs to the chatter and warmth of their house in front of a misty lake.