Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Slice of Life- I love the message within this video!

Every Tuesday, the writing community of Two Writing Teachers hosts Slice of Life. All are welcome to participate by linking up posts or commenting on other participants. 



A couple of years ago, some presenters who I admire very much (Clare and Tammy, I'm looking at you!) shared how they like to begin professional development with a video. Since then, I have tried to do that whenever it works. 

Next week, I'll be presenting to the people in our district who are hired to work closely with individual students. I worked with this group last year, as well, and I sent a strong message to them to work hard to move away from their students. Try to determine where along the learning progression students can function INDEPENDENTLY, and work to modify their tasks so that the tasks are along the continuum, but just a touch ahead of where the student can work without an adult every step of the way. 

Today, I came across this video, and I can't wait to share it. 


It's only two minutes long, and you can skip through it and still get the gist. I can't wait to facilitate the discussion! I'm thinking about the following questions:
  • What would happen if he missed any of the steps along the way?
  • How is he feeling at each step, at each stage?
  • How would an adult feel if he first started with the hill and they had to spot him?
AND
  • How does this relate to our writers?
Sometimes we come across exactly what we need, and I think I found it. I'm hoping that I'm right!

Happy Slicing!


7 comments:

  1. Melanie, Thank you for sharing this video! It is so cute and yes, it fits your questions so well. Can't wait to read how the session went! Please keep us in the loop. And again thanks for sharing the video.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes we forget the baby steps needed to achieve our goal. What a great video!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you're looking to lose weight then you certainly need to try this brand new custom keto diet.

    To create this keto diet, certified nutritionists, fitness couches, and chefs united to develop keto meal plans that are useful, painless, price-efficient, and enjoyable.

    From their first launch in January 2019, 100's of people have already completely transformed their body and health with the benefits a certified keto diet can give.

    Speaking of benefits: in this link, you'll discover 8 scientifically-confirmed ones provided by the keto diet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Going through a divorce case is very heart broken when you love your partner with the whole of your heart.. My husband left me for a total stranger and I could not imagine what the hell was happening because everything looks like a dream to me. I was lost and confused about my life without any way to get a solution to make my husband see reasons with me that I love him so much. I was very depressed and desperate to win back my husband and I searched on GOOGLE for help about my situation and I got recommended to Lord Zakuza who is a powerful spell caster for he has so many magnificent testimonies and reviews on the internet from different people all over the world. I got in touch with him and I poured out my sorrowful heart to him and he encouraged and promised to help me out. He gave me some instructions of which a adhered to and within 48 hours of contacting Lord Zakuza my attorney called me to get me informed that the divorce case has been cancelled and I got a call from my husband 30 minutes after I finished speaking to my attorney. My husband and I are so much in Love with endless care and happiness and I so much thank Lord Zakuza for doing this for me and I know people out there might also need their partner or lovers back or want to get pregnant for your partner or husband. You can Text & WhatsApp Lord Zakuza on +1 740-573-9483 or email him via: ( Lordzakuza7@gmail.com ) for a change of story in your love life..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I find your articles very realistic they keep me grounded and stay happy with what I have with life. Moreover, it also helps me with my research proposal writing service I’m a psychology student and I have to write assignments and reports describing what people perceive about life. Your blogs always assist me with how to articulate and what to write.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog management assignment help in US with extra informatiy helpful for me.
    on? It is extremel

    management assignment help in US

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is the first time that I visit here. I found so many exciting matters in this particular blog
    Site : Mens suede leather jackets

    ReplyDelete