This post has been on my mind since Lisa began the month with her 31 things. Other slicers have modified it to the number of things per day of our challenge. Therefore, I think I should do it sooner rather than later since the longer I wait, the more things about me I have to write. In no particular order, here come 18 things about me, in a somewhat unplanned order:
- Writing about myself like this is hard for me, but my One Little Word for 2017 is brave, so I'm doing it. (That should maybe count as two...)
- I have four daughters and for one year, I had four teenagers. My oldest is now closing in on 21. They are different and incredible, and I hope they will stay each other's close confidantes and cheerleaders.
- All four of my daughters have names that are found in Patricia MacLachlan books. I did not do that on purpose, though it might have been subliminal. She is my favorite author.
- I usually don't have the energy to put my clothes away until the weekend, even though I resolve to do this week after week.
- Morning is my favorite time to write. Weekend mornings, before I put those clothes away, with my coffee that my husband, Garth, brings me.
- I was sure I'd be a veterinarian until organic chemistry and genetics did me in. I love teaching, but I wish I hadn't given up.
- I have eight nephews, two brothers, and a husband with two brothers. I'm glad I have the girls.
- At a 40th birthday party (not mine), I told a friend I'd give her eggs after a couple of margaritas. I have genetic twins who are now twelve. I wish I could see them more.
- One of those twins is a boy. Every now and then if someone won't let go of the idea that I have 4 girls because I wanted a boy, I let that little known fact be known. You should see them try to make sense of the situation!
- Garth is the nicest person I know.
- I wish I was a nicer person.
- I eat something chocolate every day.
- I'd never try to give up coffee.
- Gray hairs have started to show up in my eyebrows and I sometimes pull them out. So far, I have not been impressed that seven grow back when you pull one out.
- I love grammar.
- I'm a really bad liar.
- Public speaking remains one of my least favorite things to do. It requires a lot of self-talk on my end.
- Did I mention that my OLW for 2017 is brave? It's been a great choice so far!
Happy slicing, commenting, and weekending!