Monday, December 3, 2012

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?






It's Monday! What Are You Reading?
So many of my book recommendations have been from the weekly shares on teachmentortexts.com. Thank you to Jen and Kellee for hosting and thank you to all who contribute their reading lists! To see what others are reading, head on over to the website and link into all of the reading recommendations.


I have to admit that I fell prey to an addictive adult fiction book, so I've neglected my TBR stack of children's literature. However, I did get through The Great Unexpected by Sharon Creech, a book that many of my blogging friends have recommended. I'll join the recommenders and I will add that this is a book that really requires close reading, since all of the parts and people are connected.


I also read The Curious Garden by Peter Brown and for anyone who has visited the High Line Garden on the west side of New York City, you should not miss this book! It's also a beautiful story for any teachers who are interested in promoting gardening or teaching about environmental issues. Enjoy!


3 comments:

  1. So pleased that you liked the Great Unexpected! I was not sure when I started it how much I would get into it with that style. It ended up as one of my favourites. The Curious Garden has such a great message about "guerrilla gardening" I love sharing this book with a class. I include it when I do a garden/growing theme with my students: http://thereisabookforthat.com/2012/04/14/garden-themed-books/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know there was a book about the Highline Garden-terrific! And as you said, The Great Unexpected was a challenge with all the parts, but so, so satisfying! Thanks, Melanie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. High Line is one of my favorite places...I'll have to check this book out.

    ReplyDelete