Friday, April 11, 2014

March Madness Book Edition 2014: Final Voting Results!

In the month of March, my class participated in March Madness: Book Edition - click here to read my posts about the process of creating the brackets and voting.  

This week, my students voted between The Ascendance Trilogy by Jennifer Nielsen and One for the Murphys by Lynda Mullaly Hunt to see which one would be the champion for this year.  



For those of you that followed our March Madness last year, you know that these were the SAME two titles in our Championship round last year and there was a tie so we had two winners!  If you have read these books, you understand why the students struggled voting last year and this year! Some students (myself included!) even opted out of voting because they couldn't make a decision between the two!   I love both equally and personally would not be able to vote between the two, so I immediately understood how my students felt when it came down to circle only one on the ballot! 

After tallying up the votes this week and re-counting them, the Ascendance Trilogy by Jennifer Nielsen won by two votes! 

Congratulations to both Jennifer Nielsen and Lynda Mullaly Hunt for writing these fabulous books and bringing them into our lives as readers! Thank you! 



Happy Reading! 



1 comment:

  1. Both authors have given so much pleasure, haven't they? I still need to read #3 of the Ascendance Trilogy. Hopefully I'll get to it soon!

    ReplyDelete